Saturday, May 31, 2014

March-April-May '14 Book Haul!


YEP! YEP! I'M SO HAPPEEEEEH! Because, if you haven't notice, I have a new blog header there! Maybe I'll touch it up again, or maybe not. I don't know. I'm just glad to give this blog something fresh.

Guys, sorry I sum the three months book haul into one post. But really, If I remember it correctly, I didn't buy any book in March (YAY!)... but I'm not sure though (BOO~). Last March has been a lazy-updating-blog month for me, and my March TBR also failed completely. Fat chance you'll never see my TBR post again in the future, but you'll never know with me. I guess, I started buying books again in April and I decided to post the book haul in this May, because I really didn't have extra time last month.

I'm just going to say this upfront, my inner Voldemort is EXTREMELY SATISFIED by this book haul!
I crossed SO many books in my wish list!
Okay, to keep this post from more rambling, let's start this book haul! So, like I said earlier, I guess I started buying books again in April, or the end of March, whatever. My point is, after such a long time not buying books (two months!), I thought it was time for me to warm up again. Then I went to book store and bought these,
Laskar Pelangi by Andrea Hirata
S.P.B.U Dongeng Sebelum Bangun by Pidi Baiq
Yeah, I haven't read Laskar Pelangi yet. The hype back then was so unbelievably crazy (in Indonesia, I mean)! EVERY SINGLE PERSON talked about it until I already knew the whole story without have to read it. That's why I didn't pick the book up. But I do curious about the exact story though, so when I came across this book, the hardcover one, was on sale and priced only Rp 30.000 (around $2.5!), I simply couldn't resist. By the way, it's been translated into English under the title The Rainbow Troop. And I also bought a comic book from Pidi Baiq because everything by him must be awesome. Next!
Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes
The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
I didn't forget to check on my favorite online book store, Periplus, and straight to the bargain section (yeah, let's admit it). I picked those two because of their interesting premises with totally affordable prices. Yaaay~
Spellcaster by Claudia Gray
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
I bought them from Books & Beyond. They weren't in my wish list, I don't really know about those two books, and there were no discount when I bought them. Then, why did I buy those two? Because I just could, Bro.
Seriously, though. At mid April, I got this one-time job that I could do at home, and it paid me really well, with bonus too! So, beside used the money for obvious necessity, I just HAD to use it on books too, for my ego and satisfaction, you know. Then, long story short, I received another one-time job from the same person who contacted me before, and it turned out, I had more than enough money to buy myself some presents for my upcoming birthday! The super great news is, because Blogger Buku Indonesia (BBI) is having this kind of agreement with Periplus, we members of BBI have the privilege of 15% discount on every book on our individual birthdays. Plus, my best friend was willing to pay 25% of my birthday haul expense because he's too lazy to be specific and just gave me the freedom to use his money. Whatever, I take what I can get, mouahahahha!

So, I did the math. I have enough money + there's 15% discount off + 25% is covered by best friend = I actually didn't spend a lot for these babies! ALL of them were in my wish list, so I'm really REALLY really satisfied *huge grinning*
The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan
Tales of the Greek Heroes by Roger Lancelyn Green
This is not a Test by Courtney Summers
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
 The Lost Hero 
The Son of Neptune 
The Mark of Athena 
The House of Hades by Rick Riordan

I already have the e-books of Heroes of Olympus and Percy Jackson and the Olympian, but I JUST NEED TO HAVE the physical copy too! I'm THAT obsessed. So, that's my birthday book haul. Very very happy about that. THEY ARE THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER! Thank you, my awesome self ;D
Moving on! On March, I signed into NetGalley and started requesting and receiving books. Super excited about this, because I got to read advance copy of upcoming novel that yet to be published. These are what I got so far,
The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu (reviewed)
Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin (reviewed)
The Transcriptionist by Amy Rowland (reviewed)
What it Takes by Kathryn Ascher
Memory Zero by Keri Arthur

And I also had a free copy of this novel, sent to me by its publisher,
Menanti Cinta by Adam Aksara (reviewed)
So, yeah, that's about it. That's my March-April-May Book Haul post, 23 books... that's actually an okay number for three months, right? Right? Right, see you next post! OH WAIT! I will hold a GIVEAWAY on June 4th 2014 (four days ahead, duh) to celebrate 9 months existence of this blog. Wow, if my blog were pregnant, she's bearing a child already... Anyway, make sure to participate! Ciao!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I ALWAYS love book talks! So, do leave your comment about this post, it's free ;)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...